Monday, September 11, 2006

Judgement?????

Here is my disappointment for the week

Currently I have been thinking how we as Christians don't realise how much we affect the people around us and how miss situations that could grow our character if we are willing to step out and show who we are and how we are different. We say 'we want to change the world' but we don't even realised that it is staring at us in the FACE right in our 'own backyard'.

Matthew chapter 25 verses 44 and 45

We can be very judgemental of people who aren't Christian, even when we don't say anything, just by our body language we can come across as judgemental. We should be showing them God's love not scorn.

Luke chapter 6 verses 37 and 38

We just need to be careful in the way we act as that shows who we are really following!

5 Comments:

Blogger switch said...

Good blog, and good points.

We shouldn't be judgemental, but it's in our nature to be. Whether or not we express this 'judgement' is another matter entirely.

As you know, when I think about areas like this, I always link the problem back to myself. Quite often the 'faults' we find easy to observe in others are also in us. We can say that someone is being judgmental, and that they should stop - but until we have had a good, long hard and honest look at ourselves, we can't do anything about it. If we don't look at the situation in our lives first - we can become hypocritical.

We do need to be careful in what we say and act, and the example we set. In the end, the only person we can affect change in is ourselves. We can help others out, give them advice - but in the end, whether or not they change is a decision they have to make.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Chuckster said...

yes yes and yes

2:03 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

Judgement doesn't allow very much opportunity for a person to change.

I act in a certain way. You make a judgement about me accordingly and you react to me in ways appropriate to your judgement. I interpret your behaviour...and i either change or it reinforces.

So if i'm negative. You react to me cautiously perhaps. I'm trying to get attention and care so i act make negativity next time....or perhaps i get it and change.

Often when we judge people in a condemning way we are putting them in box...a box we don't give permission for them to leave.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

Chuck mate....did you die last week and forget to leave a note? I'm missing out on my weekly dose of 'thoughtful' blogging.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Chuckster said...

in answer ti yiur question trav, no i didn't die but i passed out for about 5 seconds on wednesday. I don't have much at the moment. thinking is difficult especially with low blood pressure.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home