Saturday, September 23, 2006

Legacy or Nothing?

I pose this question for you all - rather morbid but I am interested in what you think.

If you were to die today, tomorrow or in six months, a year whatever.

What would you do? - In the time you have left

Is it just me or do others feel that they haven't done enough in the this world in order to make it for lack of a better term 'A better place to live'?

Also have we been an effective witness in our walk? Are there things we can do to help other people that we just don't do because it is inconvient?

It is time for complacency to be thrown out the window and live each day as it is your last. - Not literally your last but in that frame of mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger switch said...

I think just as an important question to ask is:

"If I were to die tomorrow, how would I be remembered?"

As for not 'doing' enough, I think the main contributor to that is pure laziness. That we like talk things up, but never follow through with required action. That, we can identify problems, but not care enough to fix them, or perhaps we don't see any urgency to fix them.

Now that you have identified an area in your life that needs work, you shouldn't just now talk about it - you should pray, seek God, and try to remedy the problems that you have identified. This will make you a stronger person.

You can affect change in your life.

Whilst the topic is a little morbid, perhaps it's not necessarily best JUST to talk about it, but to act, fix, and grow through it.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

Chuck one of the best questions a person can ask...coz honestly i'll be dead in 100 years maybe in 60? I gotta do something with my life and i want to live it as well as i can.

What would i change: nothing physical...like i wouldn't move..i wouldn't quit my job..i probably wouldn't do anything physically differently.

But i would yearn to get more out of myself. I would speak more honestly with more conviction. I would expose half heartness more readily. I would think bigger, pray more urgently, and live with full energy.

darn good question

2:40 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

chucky...your so close to becoming a blogger...dont stop now

3:20 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

CHUCK!!! WHAT HAPPENED...

was it something we said...
come back...please come back and blog

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home